Lizard Lighthouse Heritage Centre
Our flagship visitor centre reopened in 2009 with interactives, bright displays, historical artefacts and a shop with gifts for all ages.
With the help of a generous grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, Trinity House renovated the Engine Room at Lizard Lighthouse, retaining some of the old engines. It also features exhibition material, an audio visual room and a number of interactive displays. The Lizard Lighthouse Heritage Centre was officially opened in 2009 by HRH The Princess Royal.
The distinctive twin towers of Lizard Lighthouse mark the most southerly point of mainland Britain. See displays depicting Trinity House's history, housed in the original engine room. It was commissioned in 1752. For over 250 years, the lighthouse has provided a welcoming landfall light to vessels crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
Tours of Lizard Lighthouse are organised under licence from the Corporation of Trinity House.