Beginning in 1903 Great Western Railway (GWR) operated a motor bus service between The Lizard and Helston Railway Station.
The motor bus service was inaugurated as a much cheaper alternative to a railway line from Helston to The Lizard! (the mind boggles as to how the Bochym and Gwleath road ups and downs would have been engineered for a railway track?) Anyway, considering the busy, oh so very busy summer we have had with vehicles simply everywhere, it’s good to reflect back to the relative traffic serenity of the early 1900’s when Hill’s Hotel was the terminus – wonderful instantly recognisable view of The Lizard square and Hill’s Hotel (now The Top House!) with hardly anything changed …..